Microbiological safety cabinet’s security, especially product’s and operator’s protection, is provided only when all the functions are regularly verified.
Depending on producer’s specification annual technical verification includes:
- Premises and environment control
- Visual examination
- Verification of the cabinet’s leak-tightness if plenum chamber is not surrounded with a negative pressure camera
- Measurement of the airflow velocity in the operating window
- Measurement of the downward airflow
- Verification of the HEPA filters’ integrity and sealing.
- Verification of alarm systems’ functionality
- Airflow visualization
Results of all the measurements are honestly recorded in the protocol. Detailed protocols help understanding verification process easily and passing an audit of appropriate authorities.