A PCR cabinet, also called a PCR workstation or PCR hood, is designed for work with DNA samples in clean environment when conducting PCR diagnostics.
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) is a simple way to obtain multiple copies of a nucleotide sequence from a DNA sample and to amplify sequences from small samples. This method is widely used in genetic laboratories that work with DNA and RNA — It`s reliable and the cost is low.
The PCR cabinet for work with DNA samples is designed for protection of those samples from contamination during PCR genetic diagnostics. Lab furniture manufacturers set high prices for such equipment, but it is a must-have tool for any laboratory working with genetics, microbiology and DNA studies.
Thanks to the elaborate design of PCR cabinets from Lamsystems, the operator can conduct researches in the work area.
Main features of a cabinet for work with DNA samples are:
- The front sash is made of tempered glass
- Gas springs open, close and hold the sash
- The side panels are made of metal
- The front surface of the cabinet is made with an inclination
- Upper UV-lighting of the working chamber, which does not interfere with the work of the operator
- Set of electric sockets in the working chamber
- Stainless steel worktop