Biological Safety Cabinets Сlass II Type B2 for Microbiological Laboratories at Enterprises
Protection of an operator and environment from airborne infection when working with pathogenic biological agents
Class II Type B2 Biosafety Cabinet ensures environment, product, and personal protection during lab procedures where the circulation of filtered air is restricted due to the existence of possible chemical fumes that are released during the process. Since the filter does not catch these chemical fumes, it can be of potential danger to the operator if they are re-circulated in the workspace. Therefore, Class II Type B2 Biosafety Cabinets are ducted to a blower that is located on the outside of the cabinet, for total exhaust.
Application of the Class II Type B2 Biosafety Cabinet
Designed to work with pathogens of risk group 1, 2, and 3, these BSC’s provide optimal protection for the operator, product, and environment. Meeting the safety requirements of working with toxic materials, these cabinets ensure that all the inflow and down flow air is exhausted after being filtered by the HEPA/ULPA, without being recirculated over the workspace.
Minimizing the risk of cross and external contamination, the Class II Microbiological Safety Cabinet protects the operator and the environment from the potential airborne diseases that can result from working with highly risky microorganisms.
If the Class 2 Type B2 Cabinetis connected to the individual active exhaust system, then it can be used for procedures involving the use of toxic chemicals and radionuclides in very low quantities. It is specially designed to gear up the work in medical, pharmaceutical, and other related institutes which use pathogenic organisms for lab procedures.
Ergonomic design of the Type B2 Cabinets
Having an ergonomic design, the cabinet reduces user fatigue and workplace injuries. The adjustable base of the cabinet gives you leg and forearm space to ensure the maximum comfort while working. The cool white lighting inside the cabinet reduces the glare that can lead to disruption while the work is in progress.
For the protection of the operator from cross contamination, the Type B2 Cabinets are designed with a laminar airflow. The use of an ultra-high efficiency motor decreases the energy costs and increases the length of the life of the filter.
Being ducted to the outside, these cabinets draw the room air into the work chamber of the cabinet through the HEPA filter. All the contaminated air flows past the HEPA filter, none of which is recirculated to ensure optimal safety of the environment and the operator from the specimen under study.
Features of a Class II Type B2 Cabinet
- 100% filtered air removed from the room exhaust system for increased safety
- No air recirculation in the BSC
- Two filter fan units, independent of one another for air inflow and outflow
- Contaminated air is directed to the external exhaust system for optimal purification
- Being connected to an external exhaust system, the cabinet offers safety from toxic microorganisms
- For easy movement of the cabinet, wheels are attached to it
- For stationary fixation, screws are provided for additional support that may be required
- Malfunctions, systems initiation, and work modes are indicated by the LCD control system
- For easy and smooth sliding and storing of the UV unit, a DRIVE-N-ROLL technology has been installed
- For the warning of the air flow imbalance, an audible-visible alarm system is installed to avoid any disruptions and unnecessary incidents
Using latest design features, Class II Type B2 Safety Cabinets provide 100% exhausting of the air outside the lab with the help of a HEPA filter. Ensuring maximum protection for the user and environment from the toxic chemicals emitted by the microorganisms being studied, the cabinets are ducted to the outside. Continuous airflow monitoring leads to the most effective personnel and product protection. Wise choices result in less hazards!